Thursday, December 4, 2014

Arugula Salad with a Twist of Spice




Thoughts & Inspiration

My family was coming over for my husband's birthday and all he wanted were tacos!  I needed a little something else to go along with the tacos so I threw this salad together real quick!

Time: 10 minutes     

Salad Ingredients 
1 bag of baby or wild arugula (6-7 oz)
2-3 radishes, sliced thin into rounds or matchsticks
1/3 cup of thawed frozen corn
1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
5-6 cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered 

Note:  You can make this salad with Iceberg or Romaine as well for extra crisp lettuce!

Dressing
2 Tbsp good extra virgin olive oil
1/2 large lemon, juiced
1 Tbsp Ranch (I use yogurt salsa ranch)
1 tsp Buffalo Wing Sauce
Pepper to taste

Optional: 4-5 Cool Ranch Doritos, crushed 
This is the one I used


Place arugula, radishes, corn, cabbage and tomatoes into a large salad bowl.
Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk together.
Add dressing into salad bowl and toss to coat all the leaves.

Optional Garnish: When serving in a bowl, add crushed Doritos for a crunchy bite!


No comments:

Post a Comment