Monday, February 16, 2015

Spicy Red Curry Potatoes

Thoughts and Inspiration

Sunday night is vegetable tofu Pho night for us in the wintery months (my semi-homemade version which will be featured soon).  I noticed that I had a potato that was starting to look old (I had originally got it to make a potato/leek soup which never happened!) so I asked my hubby what kind of flavor I should cook the potatoes into... of course since we were having an Asian inspired noodle soup, he suggested Asian.  ...So I put my thinking cap on for a quick idea which wouldn't require necessarily making a sauce from scratch.
These potatoes are a tasty bite for your tongues!  They are spicy and full of robust flavor!*

Cook Time: 20-25 minutes

Ingredients
2 tsps olive oil
*/**1 large Russet potato, peeled and cubed (about 1.5-2 cups)
1 Tbsp red curry paste + 2 Tbsp water
1 tsp black sesame seeds
1 tsp white sesame seeds
1/2 lime, juiced
2 Tbsp green onions, finely chopped
2 Tbsp basil, chiffonade

In a sauce pan heat olive oil on medium heat.  Add the potatoes, give them a quick stir and cook for 4-5 minutes with lid.  Mix red curry paste with water and pour over potatoes.  Stir well and place lid back onto pan and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.  Test a potato to see if it is cooked all the way through (if not, adjust time and cook an additional few minutes).  Sprinkle sesame seeds onto potatoes and toss to coat.  When ready to serve, add fresh lime juice and garnished with green onions and basil.


*You can do this exact recipe and sub-out the potatoes for butternut squash!
**Note: Place potatoes in water with a tiny pinch of salt until ready to use to help prevent browning.

Peeled and cubed potatoes
This brand is amazing!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment