Monday, January 26, 2015

Chickpea Dip with Vegetable Crudite

Happy Monday!  Today and Thursday I will be featuring a couple fun and tasty dips!  Stay tuned!

Thoughts & Inspiration

My sister and cousin had come over on a weeknight for a fun visit!  I of course wanted to make something fun for them to enjoy.  This dip is tasty and easy to make; it's a play on a traditional hummus.

Ingredients
1 can of chickpeas, drained and washed
1/2 cup cilantro (with stems)
2 fresh jalapenos, chopped into large pieces (de-seed the jalapeno according to desired level of spice)
1 medium garlic clove
1 green onion stalk, chopped into a few pieces
1/2 lime, juiced
1/4 cup of good extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste

Place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse together until desired texture.  I made my dip smooth, however you can easily pulse the ingredients less to create a chunkier texture.  Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with paprika.

Arrange on a platter with sliced vegetables and pita chips - I have carrots, celery, zucchini, cauliflower and radishes!  Mmm Mmm yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment